Aang from ‘Avatar – The Last Airbender’ is one of my favorite characters. This rig is a cartoony version of Aang modeled fully in polygons, and comes with an animatable glider/staff. The rig is made in Maya 2018.7, and will let you animate the character’s body and face. Textures are in the PNG format. The zip file comes with a project folder, so please set the project for the textures to show. There’s also a surprise waiting for you in the pack! Read on.
Features of the rig:
- FK-IK spine that allows you to squash and stretch.
- FK-IK stretch arms and legs.
- Intuitive finger control system for the entire hand as well as individual digits.
- A rigged glider/staff and can be animated using simple controllers.
- ‘Avatar State’ allows for tattoos and eyes to glow.
- Model is fully UV unwrapped, textured and comes with Arnold materials.
- Detailed facial setup includes facial sliders and on-face sliders.
- Character can be scaled up or down.
- The rig comes with a Motion Capture asset that can be used with Mixamo.com to slap animations on. Here’s a demo for it: https://youtu.be/eJPjR3Y0kCE
- All materials are created to render with the Arnold renderer. Textures can be used with other software such as Marmoset.
- MoCap files are available in the ‘assets’ folder.
- Other pertinent details can be found in the enclosed FAQ.txt.
Please leave a rating/feedback for the item. Hope you enjoy your rig!
- 1.04 Initial Release
- 1.05 Bug fixes; MoCap files had an issue where the eyes, teeth and tongue were disconnected with the rig. This issue is now fixed.
- 1.06 DQ weights in the upper arm were fixed, IK foot has a ball controller now.
There are no reviews yet.